I finally finished moving all contents of my old blog here and deleted the site ( goodbye Happy Nomad ). To be honest, I have a 2-year back log and it always makes me feel overwhelmed and so I delay things more and more. 😅 So anyway, I decided to finally sit down and write about my travel accounts for the last couple of years. I will mostly be writing from a 2 year old memory so I don't know how much I remember exactly. So today's my third day in Kyoto. My friends who are also traveling around Japan will be joining me today so I decided not to buy a bus pass because I'm not sure what their plans are. We decided to go visit Kinkaku-ji first. When I was drafting my itinerary, I actually decided between visiting Kinkaku-ji (金閣寺、 Golden Pavilion ) or Ginkaku-ji (銀閣寺、Silver Pavilion) since I'm trying to narrow down the number of shrines and temples to save on admission fees and time. I thought the Golden Pavilion looks grander so I went with it. We took the tax...
Since we spent three days and two nights in Luang Prabang, we we’re able to “eat our way” around town. We tried to sample the best that Lao cuisine has to offer without breaking the bank by avoiding high end restaurants and instead opted for backpacker friendly food places. Since most of the restaurants have menu books with photos of dishes and a brief description of what’s in them, we pretty much knew what to expect and what we’re paying for before we sit down. As much as we could, we also tried to eat where the locals go. One of our favorite place is the row of fruit stalls that sells various fruit shakes, baguette sandwiches, and crepes. We would go there everyday and try various combination of fruits and spices and just sit and watch people go by. Thongmoun Aunt This noodle place is located at the end of a narrow alleyway along the main road in Luang Prabang. They serve a really yummy noodle dish called Kaopeerk with chicken, vegetable...
It's my last day in Kyoto so I wanted to visit Kiyomizudera Temple before the day ends. Thankfully, I was on the right bus and was at Nara train station in no time. I was starving so I dropped by a supermarket there. I was trying to catch the train that leaves in 5 minutes so I just bought the first bento meal that I could get my hands on. Okay, so I know that it's a no no to eat while walking in Japan. I also know it's considered rude to eat while on the train. But I was sooooooo hungry like I've never felt so hungry in my life. I sat down on the train and there was an old lady in front of me. It was a toss between me dying of hunger and try and be polite while my stomach growls. Sorry grannie, but it was really hard to be polite at this time. I threw politeness to the wind and started surreptitiously eating each piece of sushi. I guess it was delicious but I can hardly taste it due to embarrassment. The old lady was looking at me nonchalantly but I know she could...
Comments
Post a Comment